Monday, June 22, 2009

Great week in Alabama!

The VA "A (Art) Team minus Sally on Friday

I don't know about all of you, but I count last week as one of the most memorable and enjoyable of my summers in Alabama. Working with the greatest facilitators ever- Sabrina Hubbard, Donald Myer, Sally Chambliss, James Bender, and Margaret Snider- and having a group of participants who "played well together" made the week fly by. Along with the summer time temps- it was running HOT inside the museum with so much going on. Each day we studied a different artist and medium. Teachers worked in every component of the Visual Arts discipline with lessons in art history, criticism, aesthetics, and production.
I have tried to upload my photos from the week. I invite any of you to share photos and comments as well. As you work on your lessons for the new year, remember we are here to help in any way we can. Let us know what is going on in your classroom and we will keep you updated on our classes too!
Thanks for making the Visual Arts Institute so much fun to direct!
Durinda (Queen of Artland, if only for one week)

No comments:

Post a Comment